This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Hafees has almost 17 years of experience in the assurance, Tax and financial advisory services sector in the Sri Lanka and the GCC and in the commercial sector where he has worked as a Finance Director/Finance Manager of a major subsidiary of listed company in Kuwait.
He is a dynamic go-getter, a highly regarded professional and competent executive capable of handling a wide range of, Accounts and Finance functions and consistently produces top-quality work wherever he has worked.
In Kuwait he is currently the designated Finance director of a major subsidiary of one of the largest listed companies in Kuwait, where he manages the accounts and finance function on a day-to-day basis, the reporting for regulators as an investment company as well as all internal reporting and analysis for management. He also plays an important role in operations as well as negotiating terms with suppliers and major customers. He also deals with all banking relationships and reporting requirements as well as monitoring of cashflow and negotiating bank financing arrangements.
He has a deep understanding of business and their real operations as well as an expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and accounting including their theory and practical applications as well as offering a track record of organizational excellence within high-volume environments.
A summary of his skills and experience is as follows:
- Employers include Chartered Accounting firms, Fashion Retail Group, Oil and Gas, Investment & Private Equity company presently designated as Finance Director with KGL Petroleum Company.
- Proficient in managing teams with an ability to get the work done and to increase the productivity of the team.
- Strong analytical & organizational abilities with adeptness in formulating accounting systems, preparing accounting records and financial statements, taxation auditing
- Adept in handling finances, internal audits & tax functions and preparing reports thereon.
- Excellent knowledge of statutory regulations, and understanding of internal control practices
- Recognized as a fast learner; imbibing best practices and implementing them; flexible in adapting to dynamic work environments
- Computer skills include Computer skills: Sage Accpacc; MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Core Competencies
- Accounts Management
- MIS reporting
- Team / Relationship Management
- Risk and compliance Management.
- Audit Facilitation
- IFRS reporting
- Working Capital Management
- Fund Management GP/LP structure
- Internal Control & Cost control
- BSc Accountancy (Special) degree from University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- Associate Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (2010).
- Associate Member of the Society of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka (2010).
- Passed CFA Level 1 Examination (December 2016)
- Reading for Advisory Level Examination of Chartered Tax Advisors of Sri Lanka
- KGL Petroleum Company KSCC – Kuwait
Position – Finance Director
Reporting to – CEO & Group Chief Financial Officer
Period of work - August 2011 to till date
KGL Petroleum Company KSCC a shareholding company registered in Kuwait and operations in Kuwait, UAE, Philippines, Ireland, USA and Cayman Islands. The Company is within the group of Kuwait and Gulf Link. The Company operates in various sectors including Oil & Gas, Private Equity, Fund Management, Advisory and Consulting and Investment Management.
2. BDO (Formerly Moore Stephens International) Al Nisf & Partners – Kuwait
Position - Audit Supervisor
Period of work - January 2008 to August 2011
Also known as Moore Stephens, a member firm of Moore Stephen International (MSI), regarded as one of the world's major accounting and consulting networks. In Kuwait, it is one of the largest professional firm and only major business advisory network specializing in growth oriented, owner managed businesses regardless of size and age.
3. Fawaz Al Hokair & Co – KSA
(Leading Fashion Retail Company in Middle East)
Position – Chief Accountant
Period of work - December 2006 To December 2007
4. Kreston MNS & Co., Colombo 2, Sri Lanka
(Correspondence firm of Grant Thornton International)
Position – Assistant Manager
Period of work - September 2002 To November 2006